PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES
All bicycle riders must conform to requirements of the Town of Longboat Key. All bicycles must be registered with Seaplace and display the appropriate Seaplace identification. Bicycles must have a bell to alert pedestrians, are not to be ridden on building interior walkways or pool decks, and must yield to pedestrians on sidewalks.
Motorcycles, mopeds and other motorized unlicensed vehicles are not to be operated on the premises, except to and from their assigned parking spaces. Engines must not be revved up and must be operated with a functioning muffler system. Skateboards are forbidden. Roller skates, roller blades, in-line skates, and similar equipment may only be used while going directly to or from the building and the Seaplace gates. They must be carried on stairs, elevators, interior walkways and sidewalks.
All persons must wear cover-ups and shoes going to and from the pool and beach areas. Persons with dripping suits and/or shoes depositing sand or tennis clay are not allowed in elevators, stairwells or lobbies. Persons jogging or walking on the Seaplace perimeter walks must dress with proper top and bottom clothing.
PERSONNEL & EQUIPMENT
Residents shall not interrupt or interfere with employees while they are performing their assigned duties. Residents needing services should contact the office during business hours.
Seaplace equipment and areas of operation that are used by employees are to be used only by Seaplace employees. Employees are not allowed to loan Seaplace tools or equipment to anyone.
In the event of an emergency requiring Longboat Key emergency services, call 911. Use or storage of anything that would be a health or fire hazard is prohibited. Children are not permitted to play in the corridors, stairways or elevators.
All trash must be placed in secured plastic bags before placing in the trash chute or dumpster. Mandatory governmental recycling laws are in effect at Seaplace. Therefore, all residents must comply with the instructions for disposing of recyclable materials.
SOLICITATION & SIGNS
No solicitation of any nature is permitted on Seaplace property. Signs shall not be placed in windows facing the outside. Temporary signs, such as "For Sale", may not be placed on vehicles in parking areas.
Coin-operated laundry equipment is provided in all buildings for the convenience of residents only. Machines should be cleaned after use, including dryer lint screens.
Written application for leasing, accompanied by the $100 application fee and a $20 bar code decal fee, should be delivered to Seaplace Association not less than one month before the beginning of the leasehold period. All leases must be approved prior to occupancy. If the application is not approved, the fee will be refunded, along with an explanation.
Leases must be for a minimum of two consecutive months by the same lessees. Lease terms may not be divided where, for example, one party occupies the unit for one month and another party occupies the unit for the second month. If a lessee vacates the unit prior to the end of the leasehold period, the owner may not lease the unit until the lease expires.
Lessees may not sublet or transfer a lease.
Owners are responsible for providing their lessees with a current copy of Seaplace Rules and Regulations.
The Declaration of Condominium, Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of Seaplace Association set forth all of the conditions that apply to the sale of a unit, as outlined below. The Board of Directors will not favorably consider a prospective owner that intends to use the unit for purposes other than a residential dwelling.
No owner, lessee, (or other occupant) of a condominium unit shall lease or allow the unit to be used by a corporation, trust, partnership or any such legal entity unless:
1. The proposed occupants are approved by the Board of Directors prior to such sale, lease, or occupancy.
2. The unit is occupied only by persons approved by the Association in writing and such approval shall be granted to carry out the use of the unit for residential purposes, and not for temporary or transient tenancy.
3. Units owned by corporations, trusts, partnerships or other legal entity must be used only as a residence.
SWIMMING POOLS AND BEACH
No lifeguard is on duty at any time. Swim at your own risk. Persons using the pools must obey the following rules:
1. Shower to remove sand before entry into the pool or whirlpool.
2. Pool hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., except when closed for daily maintenance, repairs, or other events and conditions as determined by the staff. However, use of the pool is allowed 2 hours prior to opening for exercise.
3. Children under 3 years of age and any children who are not toilet trained must use the kiddie pool at the Clubhouse and must use swim diapers or have bathing suits over the diapers.
4. Do not remove pool furniture from pool decks. Items left unattended on pool furniture for longer than 30 minutes may be removed by pool attendants.
5. Chairs and lounges are to be covered with towels to prevent soiling and staining.
6. No glass or china is permitted in the pool/deck area.
7. Only snacks similar to those purchased at the pool vending machines may be consumed in the pool area. Florida Statutes prohibit consuming food or drink within 4 feet of the pool.
8. No running, excessive noise or nuisance items, including radios, televisions, noise-emanating electronic games that interfere with the use of the pool or pool areas by others are permitted.
9. Cell phone and remote telephone users must move out of the pool area.
10. Large objects, such as rafts, tubes, beach balls and objects that are thrown, such as frisbees and footballs, etc., are prohibited in the pool area.
11. Children under 13 years of age, regardless of their ability to swim, must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
12. Children under 14 years of age are prohibited from using the whirlpool.
13. Smoking is prohibited in the pool/deck areas.
14. Proper swimsuits are required. No cut-offs or street shoes in the water.
Lounge chairs are available on the beach and must be returned to the dune area when leaving the beach. Personal chairs may not be stored on the beach, in meter rooms, stairwells or halls.